About - ELFE 1 and ELFE 2
The European eLearning Forum for Education's (ELFE) earlier projects
ELFE 1 (2004-2005)
The ELFE 1 project was carried out in Denmark, UK, Norway, Germany and Portugal during the period 2004-05, and tried to:
- Analyse and share good experiences and identify good practices in different countries implementing the use of ICTin their education systems;
- Study the possibilities to transfer good practices in the pedagogical use of ICT among all the European countries and the way this transfer could be done, and
- Create a wide debate on how the European Policy on the use of ICT in schools should be - from a pedagogical point of view - taking into consideration the social effects and the political approach to deal with in future education plans
ELFE 2 (2008-2009)
This project was created to achieve a better understanding of the strengths and the weaknesses of using ICT in education. Through peer reviewing of previous experiences of pilot projects with intensive use of ICT in secondary schools but also in teacher education institutions -was carried out in five different European countries (Denmark, UK, Latvia, Poland and Slovenia)- the ELFE 2 project tried to:
- Identify methodologies used in schools and teacher education institutions in order to favour a use of ICT that promotes the added value of using ICT in education in terms of teaching and learning models (by building on the ELFE 1 findings).
- Develop recommendations addressed to policy-makers, to schools and teacher education institutions and to trade union leaders on the three priority areas identified in ELFE 1 (ICT and teacher education, ICT and school management, ICT and strategic use of available financial means).
On this web-site you can find information about both the ELFE 1 and ELFE 2 projects and their activities.