Welcome to ELFE-EU.net!
ICT in education is continuously a topic of high importance for the ETUCE. Education prepares students for lifelong learning in a globalised highly interconnected working world where ICT skills have a major impact.
In the past ETUCE has carried out the two projects, ELFE1and ELFE2, which both proved that more has to be done to foster the vision and aspiration to integrate ICT effectively in teaching.
In November 2011 ETUCE successfully applied for a new ICT project:
ELFE-ESL: Teacher Unions preventing early school leaving through the use of ICT in education
The ELFE-ESL project will look for good examples on how to:
• Help reduce the percentage of early school leavers in upper secondary schools in Europe and to support those students at risk of exclusion from formal education through the pedagogical use of ICT, ICT-based tools and innovative teaching based on ICT.
Seeking to enhance learning through ICT the specific aims of the project are to:
• Identify how ICT and innovative teaching based on ICT can motivate and re-attract students at risk-of exclusion from formal education;
• Analyse the effect using ICT in education has on these individuals in terms of raising the potential to (re)connect these groups at risk-of exclusion to learning and active citizenship;
• Identify specific teacher skills and competences needed to make proper use of ICT in education;
• Analyse how teachers can use ICT to better integrate and bridge between formal end non-formal education
• Examine the transferability of methods and project results to other countries
As an outcome the project will establish guidelines for relevant stakeholders.
The project is a partnership project between ETUCE and teacher unions in Denmark, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia and Greece plus third country participation from the teacher unions in Russia and Azerbaijan. The time frame of the project is 1 December 2011 to 30 April 2014.
Information on the two earlier ELFE projects can be found by selecting from the menu on the left.